Damn Duck!
Well, if you don't already know, Madison had pink eye last week. I took her to the doctor Wednesday and she called in some drops to the pharmacy. We headed downtown to pick them up and had to kill a few minutes while they filled the prescription. We are not strangers to the pharmacy as Madison is a walking germ incubator...but usually we don't have to wait. Anyway, while we were making a few laps round the store, I turned my attention away from Madison for .025 seconds. During that brief time, she managed to break the leg off this stupid looking duck. I was not too mad at her because I knew it was my fault for looking away. Then, I picked up the broken-off leg and checked the price. $24.99!!!! What!!! Now I was pissed. Who would pay $25 for this ugly, ridiculously fragile duck? The answer is...me.
So the leg is glued on because I couldn't throw the damn thing away. I think I'll take it to the consignment store if the glued leg holds. I'm sure that all the other ugly ducks at the pharmacy are probably on the clearance table right now marked down to $5. Of course she couldn't have broken anything that was half price!Prescription for pink eye: $8
Ugliest duck in the world: $25
Learning that shopping with a toddler is extremely dangerous and potentially expensive: Priceless
2 comments:
I kind of like the duck. ;) At least you were honest and let them know what happened. I'm a bit surprised they had you buy it. At least Madison seems to like it.
I literally laughed out loud when I read your post. It's like I can hear you telling me this story in person :) Someday you will look at that ugly duck and just smile. You should keep it!
Post a Comment