Friday, July 10, 2009

Burn Baby Burn!
Here's the old hen house. We've hated it since we moved in almost 3 years ago. Every couple weeks something falls off it.
Today, the conditions were perfect. Fuel barrel moved - check. Lots of rain recently - check. No wind - check. Pyromaniac husband - check.

It started slow. Scott was just sure the whole building would be reduced to ash in half an hour.

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire!

Lots of crackling and heat at this point. I took a video, but it takes forever to download. Close your eyes and picture the fire in your mind...you'll hear the crackling.

Finally, a huge fire ball...just what Scott dreamed it could be.

And this is what remains...smoldering ashes and a million nails, screws, hinges and other tire-deflaters.

1 comment:

betsyann said...

Wow. I don't know if I should show Matthew this. There are several old buildings on our farm...